TheftPut Experience On Your Side
Fort Walton Beach Theft Crimes Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Theft Crimes in Florida
Facing theft crime charges can be a daunting experience, with potentially severe consequences that can impact your future. At Vanover Law Firm P.A., we specialize in providing steadfast legal representation for individuals dealing with theft crime allegations in Fort Walton Beach and the surrounding areas. Our attorneys are committed to protecting your rights and crafting a strategic defense tailored to your unique situation.
Call Vanover Law Firm P.A. today at (850) 999-0006 or contact us onlineto schedule a meeting with our theft crimes attorney in Fort Walton Beach!
Common Types of Theft Crimes in Florida
Florida law encompasses various theft crimes, each with its elements and potential consequences. Understanding the specific charges you face is crucial for building a strong defense. Our Fort Walton Beach theft crimes lawyers are well-versed in handling a range of theft offenses, including:
- Petty Theft: Petty theft involves the unlawful taking of property valued at less than $750. While considered a misdemeanor, it still carries significant penalties.
- Grand Theft: Grand theft involves the theft of property valued at $750 or more. The severity of the charge escalates with the value of the stolen property, ranging from a third-degree to a first-degree felony.
- Shoplifting: Retail theft or shoplifting is a common charge, often arising from alleged thefts in stores or commercial establishments.
- Burglary: Burglary involves entering a structure intending to commit a crime, typically theft. The severity of the charge depends on factors such as the type of structure and whether the accused was armed.
- Auto Theft: Stealing a motor vehicle is a serious offense, with penalties ranging from fines and probation to lengthy prison sentences.
Understanding the nuances of these theft crimes is essential, and our experienced attorneys can navigate the complexities of Florida theft laws to build a robust defense strategy.
What are the Penalties for Theft in Florida?
Florida's theft statutes separate theft crimes into grand theft and petit theft. These offenses and their perceived severity depend on the value of the stolen items.
Theft crimes in Florida include:
- Petit theft of the second degree (items valued at $100 or less)
- Petit theft of the first degree (items valued between $100 and $300)
- Grand theft of the third degree (items valued between $300 and $20,000)
- Grand theft of the second degree (items valued between $20,000 and $100,000)
- Grand theft of the first degree (items valued at more than $100,000)
Grand theft is always considered a felony. Petit theft is considered a serious misdemeanor. There are special items included in these statutes that are considered particularly sensitive and could result in additional penalties, as well. For more information on the specifics of your case and what our firm can do to protect your rights and interests at this critical time, call our offices now.
Defenses Against Theft Crime Charges
Crafting a solid defense is crucial when facing theft crime charges. Our Fort Walton Beach theft crimes lawyers employ various defense strategies tailored to the specifics of each case, including:
- Lack of Intent: Proving intent is key in many theft cases. If it can be demonstrated that the accused had no intention to steal, it can be a strong defense.
- Mistaken Identity: In some cases, individuals may be wrongly accused due to mistaken identity. Our attorneys diligently investigate the alleged crime's circumstances to uncover any misidentifications.
- Insufficient Evidence: Challenging the prosecution's evidence is a common defense strategy. If the evidence against you is weak or insufficient, it can be a powerful tool in securing a favorable outcome.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If law enforcement obtained evidence through an illegal search or seizure, it may be possible to suppress that evidence, weakening the prosecution's case.
Our legal team at Vanover Law Firm P.A. leverages their expertise and knowledge of Florida theft laws to build a defense strategy tailored to the unique circumstances of your case.
Contact Our Fort Walton Beach Theft Crimes Attorney Today
Facing theft crime charges is a serious matter that requires the guidance of experienced legal professionals. At Vanover Law Firm P.A., our Fort Walton Beach theft crimes lawyers are committed to providing aggressive and effective defense representation. Contact us today and take the first step towards protecting your rights and securing your future.
Contact Vanover Law Firm P.A.today to schedule a consultation with our theft crimes lawyer in Fort Walton Beach!
At Vanover Law firm, we strive to provide the best representation to our clients. Please take a moment to read what our past clients had to say about their experience with Vanover Law Firm.
“Everything was done professionally, and I have the most respect for his help in my case. I would highly recommend Keith Vanover, and I use him again without hesitation.”- Former Client
Over 30 Years of Combined Legal Experience
Client Centered. Results Driven.
Air Force Veteran Owned Business
Free Consultations Available
Successfully Handled Over 3,000 DUIs