Fort Walton Beach DUI Attorneys
Representing Clients Throughout Okaloosa County
Have your or a loved one been charged with drunk driving? DUI arrests are among the most common arrests in many communities in Florida, including here in Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa County. While these charges have a reputation for being "minor," they carry a surprising number of penalties for the accused, even for a first offense. Despite many drivers' impulse to plead guilty and move on from their charges as quickly as possible, it is highly advised that every accused driver explore their legal options with proven counsel.
At Vanover Law Firm, our legal team brings uncommon experience and insight to this particularly dynamic and challenging practice area. Our experienced Fort Walton Beach DUI lawyers have handled roughly 3,000 local DUI cases and have consistently protected the rights of our clients. If you have been charged with drunk driving, it's likely you still have viable options—and our proven legal advocates are ready to discuss them with you.
Get nearly two decades of legal experience on your side as you confront your DUI charge. Call our offices at (850) 999-0006 today.
Defending Against Your DUI Charge
One of the biggest mistakes drivers charged with DUI make is assume that because they've failed their blood alcohol concentration (BAC) test and have been arrested, they have essentially already been found guilty of a crime. This is a misconception. Even if your breath or blood test registered an illegal level of alcohol in your system, you are only suspected of drunk driving. You may still have viable defense options that a skilled Fort Walton Beach DUI attorney can help you pursue.
At our firm, we will assess:
- Probable cause: What was the reason law enforcement pulled you over? Once they did, what caused them to suspect drunk driving?
- Breathalyzer: Was it properly maintained? When was the last time it had maintenance?
- Test protocol: Did officers follow proper protocol when testing a driver for alcohol consumption?
- Miranda issues: After the arrest occurred, were there violations of the defendant's Miranda rights?
- Medical conditions: Are you currently taking any medication? Is there something other than alcohol that could have affected your driving or conduct?
- Evidence handling: After evidence against you was collected, what happened? Is there anything in that timeline that could have affected its integrity?
Call Our Advocates at (850) 999-0006 Today!
Those confronting a DUI charge are often otherwise law-abiding citizens who don't have a lot of experience dealing with criminal charges. This can be an intimidating, overwhelming process, even for a first-time charge. At Vanover Law Firm, we understand this and bring a compassionate, personalized approach to our DUI work. We will work closely with you to develop a defense and ensure that every avenue toward a favorable outcome is exhaustively explored.
If you've been charged, time is of the essence! Contact us today to request a free consultation with Fort Walton Beach DUI Attorneys.